Senior Business Development Manager (London)
Since 2002, we have held a leadership position in Information Security and Risk Management. We transform innovative ideas into progressive products and solutions that proactively address information security trends and challenges. Odyssey’s inclusion in Gartner’s prestigious Magic Quadrant for our ClearSkies™ Cloud SIEM serves as testament to the fact that our people are among the best in the world at what they do.
Odyssey is a people-focused, diverse and global company where anyone with a passion for innovation is welcome. We instil into our people the sense of leadership, ownership and perseverance to empower them in achieving their full potential. As a Great Place to Work® certified company, we value employee engagement in a winning high-trust and high-performance workplace culture.
As a Regional Senior Business Development Manager, you will concentrate exclusively on formulating and executing a business development strategy resulting in revenue growth and new customer acquisition. Essential part of your role will be to gain acceptance from the customer that ClearSkies products add value to the customer and is the right choice over other competitive offerings. The ideal candidate is focused on client success through collaboration and building trusted relationships. You’re a strategic thinker who can balance the delivery of near-term client needs with long-term business objectives.
Strategy Implementation & Planning:
- Strategy implementation and planning based on targets agreed with the management as per area of operations. Regularly reporting on targets achievement and relevant actions taken to line manager.
- Customer targeting and monitoring per channel partner.
- Have the ownership for all business-related matters e.g. recruitment of channel partners, identify and approach end-users, submission of proposals, identification of new opportunities, follow-up and feedback on revenue pipeline, proposal status update etc.
- Research and identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, or new ways of reaching existing markets.
- Marketing activities and events recommendations for participation, within the region(s) of responsibility.
- Presentation of Odyssey's services to potential channel partners.
- Preparations of cooperation agreements and contract signing with channel partners.
- Presentation of Odyssey’s services to potential end users.
- Seek market opportunities and coordinate with channel partners to pursue and materialize the opportunities.
- Channel partner visiting, motivating and performance monitoring.
- End user meetings and performance monitoring though the Channel.
- Overseeing implementation of operational procedures by channel partners.
- Market trends, customer requirements and competition behaviour monitoring and reporting.
- Support channel partners during presentations and helping in understanding scope of work.
- Support end- users for any Business requirements.
- Be familiar with Odyssey's services and organize coaching and training to channel partners to improve skills and capacity, in coordination with other resources within Odyssey.
- Training of channel partners in the preparation of quotations and application of procedures.
- KPls reporting, based on contracts won, proposals submitted, channel partners recruited, pipeline, collections etc.
- Problem solving for end-customers and channel partners.
- Act on Odyssey's best interests
- Ensures high level of professionalism while constantly working on strengthening Odyssey’s reputation.
- Attends and participates in periodic meetings in support of above activities.
- Execute other role related tasks assigned by Odyssey
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- 10+ years’ experience in business development, sales, or consultancy within the IT or ideally with the Cyber Security Sector.
- Experience in Business Development for Cyber Security Products such as Firewalls, Web Application Firewalls, Endpoint Protection, SIEM, MSS/SOC, NOC, etc.
- Proven track record in prospecting, qualifying and engaging with potential partners and clients
- Account planning & handling experience
- Excellent understanding of software development and technology as a whole
- Superior volume of relationships in the Information Security community within the assigned region
- Strong technical and non-technical communication skills, including verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills to executives & individual contributors
- Comfortable working independently with little direction under tight deadlines
What’s in it for you:
- Industry competitive pay & remuneration package
- Commissions scheme based on targets achievement
- Hybrid working environment
- Flat hierarchies and the freedom to create and innovate
- Cutting edge tools, training and skills development to help you thrive
- Continuous feedback and support to help you fulfil your goals
- An inclusive working environment where you can be yourself, share inspiration and belong
Please note that all CVs and any other Personal data sent to Odyssey are kept secure and confidential and will only be processed and/or stored for the purpose of potential offering employment. CVs and Personal data of successful candidates will be stored in our system for as long as the process of selection lasts. CVs and Personal data of candidates that are not successful or do not make it through our selection process, will not be stored or processed further and will be erased after a period of 6 months, unless the candidate provides us with an explicit consent allowing us to further store his/her Personal data in our system always in accordance with Personal Data Protection laws.