Head of Business Development (Nicosia)
Odyssey is a people-focused, diverse and global company where anyone with a passion for innovation is welcome. We instil into our people the sense of leadership, ownership and perseverance to empower them in achieving their full potential. As a Great Place to Work® certified company, we value employee engagement in a winning high-trust and high-performance workplace culture.
Since 2002, we have held a leadership position in Information Security and Risk Management. We transform innovative ideas into progressive products and solutions that proactively address information security trends and challenges. Odyssey’s inclusion in Gartner’s prestigious Magic Quadrant for our ClearSkies™ Cloud SIEM serves as testament to the fact that our people are among the best in the world at what they do.
We are looking for the Head of Business Development who can deliver results in a fast-paced environment and drive Sales through the Sales team. The Head of Business Development will be responsible for driving new business for the company and managing the team for supporting business development initiatives. He/she should work closely with Marketing, Operations and top management to develop the business development strategy and the implementation of it. Measures of success include new customer acquisition rates, renewal rates, up-selling, cross-selling, customer satisfaction and contribution to overall business development team and company success.
Identify and Pursue Business Opportunities:
- Research and analyse market trends and potential areas for business growth.
- Identify and target potential clients, partnerships, and strategic alliances to expand our customer base and market presence.
- Actively seek out new business opportunities through networking, cold-calling, and other lead generation methods.
Sales and Revenue Generation:
- Develop and execute effective sales strategies to achieve revenue and growth targets.
- Lead negotiations, prepare sales proposals, and close deals with potential clients.
- Build and maintain a strong sales pipeline to ensure a steady flow of opportunities.
- Delivers dynamic presentations that clearly communicate the uniqueness of the value proposition
- Manages initiatives and content for RFPs
Client Relationship Management:
- Cultivate strong relationships with existing and new clients to understand their needs and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with the client servicing team to ensure seamless onboarding and delivery of products/services.
- Seeks, identifies key players and generates new partnership opportunities with clients and vendors. Identifies and supports cross-selling and cross-marketing opportunities
Market and Competitor Analysis:
- Conduct regular market research and competitor analysis to identify market trends, pricing strategies, and opportunities for differentiation.
- Utilize data and insights to inform business development strategies and decision-making.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, product development, and operations, to align business development efforts with company goals.
- Communicates the goals and manages the business development teams as to ensure that action plans are implemented and suggest changes that will support the company’s core objectives
- Provide input and feedback to support the development and improvement of products/services.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Track and report key performance metrics, including sales revenue, conversion rates, and market penetration.
- Analyse data to identify areas for improvement and make data-driven recommendations.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, or a related field. MBA will be considered as an advantage.
- Proven track record of at least 10 years of successful experience in business development, sales, or related roles.
- Industry Knowledge: Strong understanding of understanding of diverse business functions and principles (e.g., Operations, IT, Procurement etc.) and the dynamics that drive business growth within this field.
- Sales and Negotiation Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to lead negotiations, close deals, and achieve sales targets.
- Excellent persuasive and communication skills.
- Strategic Thinking: Proven ability to think strategically, analyze market opportunities, and develop effective business development plans.
- Networking and Relationship Building:
- A strong network of industry contacts is preferred.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Results-Oriented: Goal-driven with a focus on achieving measurable results.
- Adaptability: Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Leadership Skills: Strong leadership and team management abilities.
- Tech-Savvy: Proficient in using CRM software, sales automation tools, and Microsoft Office
- Ethical Standards: High ethical standards and a commitment to conducting business with integrity.
- Fluent written and spoken Greek and English
- Competitive remuneration package
- Commissions and bonus plan
- Private health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Hybrid work model
- Ongoing training and development
- Corporate environment which is modern, innovative and customer focused