DevOps Engineer – ClearSkies™
Are you up for your next challenge?
At Odyssey, we harness the power of technology to bring about meaningful change. Our unwavering goal is to build Cyber Resilient Organizations in an increasingly unpredictable, uncertain and complex world.
Innovation drives everything we do, and we embrace the challenge to make the impossible, possible!
As a Great Place to Work® certified company, we always strive towards creating an environment where everyone’s voice matters, and where everyone can learn, create and evolve.
If you have passion and dedication for what you do, we want you to join our team!
Are you passionate about Software Development and would enjoy working towards the further development of our homegrown, award-winning ClearSkies™ Cloud platform, as part of an aspiring and dynamic team? If you like working with the latest and most exciting technologies, thrive in an agile and evolving environment and continuously challenge yourself to improve and evolve, then look no further.
- Linux Administration: Administer and maintain Linux-based systems to ensure their availability, security, and performance.
- Automation: Design, implement, and maintain automation solutions using tools like Ansible to streamline deployment and configuration processes.
- Monitoring and Optimization: Implement monitoring and alerting systems to proactively identify and resolve issues, while optimizing system performance.
- Collaboration: Work closely with development and IT teams to facilitate smooth deployments, troubleshooting, and application scaling.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- Proven experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar role
- Strong Linux administration skills.
- Hands-on experience with automation tools like Ansible.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Bash, Python, or Ruby.
- Experience in coding with C++ is a plus.
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) is a plus.
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
What’s in it for you
- Industry competitive pay & remuneration package
- Private Health Medical Insurance
- Provident Fund scheme
- Hybrid working environment
- Cutting edge tools, training and skills development to help you thrive
- Continuous feedback and support to help you fulfil your goals
- An inclusive working environment where you can be yourself, share inspiration and belong
- Performance-based appraisal process and bonus scheme
Please note that all CVs and any other Personal data sent to Odyssey are kept secure and confidential and will only be processed and/or stored for the purpose of potential offering employment. CVs and Personal data of successful candidates will be stored in our system for as long as the process of selection lasts. CVs and Personal data of candidates that are not successful or do not make it through our selection process, will not be stored or processed further and will be erased after a period of 6 months, unless the candidate provides us with an explicit consent allowing us to further store his/her Personal data in our system always in accordance with Personal Data Protection laws.