Data Scientist, Research & Development ClearSkies™ (Nicosia)
Are you up for your next challenge?
At Odyssey, we harness the power of technology to bring about meaningful change. Our unwavering goal is to build Cyber Resilient Organizations in an increasingly unpredictable, uncertain and complex world.
Innovation drives everything we do, and we embrace the challenge to make the impossible, possible!
As a Great Place to Work® certified company, we always strive towards creating an environment where everyone’s voice matters, and where everyone can learn, create and evolve.
If you have passion and dedication for what you do, we want you to join our team!
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our product development team, with insights gained from analyzing company data. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Research in advance of the optimal approach for each project
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze big data sets to drive optimization and improvement of product development.
- Develop custom Machine learning/AI systems and algorithms to apply to heavily heterogeneous data sets.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Constantly researching and presenting new methods and techniques for machine learning and AI frameworks
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- A Master’s degree in a related field will be considered as advantage.
- At least 2 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Knowledge of SQL language for querying databases.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python).
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
Familiarization with the following software/tools will be considered as a great asset:
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts) and statistical hypothesis tests
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Spark, Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data.
What’s in it for you:
- Industry competitive pay & remuneration package
- Private Health Medical Insurance
- Provident Fund scheme
- Hybrid working environment
- Cutting edge tools, training and skills development to help you thrive
- Continuous feedback and support to help you fulfil your goals
- An inclusive working environment where you can be yourself, share inspiration and belong
- Performance-based appraisal process and bonus scheme
To apply for this position, please send your CV to [email protected]