Cyber Security Analyst, SOC (ATHENS OFFICE)
The primary objective of a Security Analyst is to track and analyze activity on servers, endpoints, networks, applications, databases, websites and other technology systems. Supported by several automated tools such as intrusion detection systems, log correlation engines and SIEM, ticketing systems, alerts and warnings from internal and external sources, the objective involves receiving, triaging and responding to alerts, requests and reports and analyzing events and potential incidents in order to provide essential information for incident responders.
The service is provided 24/7/365 to our customers, so Analysts have to be able to work on shifts.
- Real-time monitoring of cyber defense and intrusion detection systems
- Human-based analysis of automatically correlated events
- Investigation of suspicious activities, containing and preventing them
- Categorization of events, incidents and vulnerabilities based on relevance, exposure and impact
- Monitoring of pending cases for incidents/vulnerabilities until resolution
- Escalation of unresolved problems to higher levels of support, including the incident response and vulnerability mitigation teams
- Improving of correlation rules to ensure that the monitoring policy allows an efficient detection of potential incidents.
- Required Experience:
- Excellent knowledge of networking design principles and protocols:
- TCP/IP, IPv4 and IPv6.
- Layer 2, Layer 3 and Layer 4-7 networking concepts.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to deliver high quality and client focused work.
- Excellent verbal & written communication in Greek and English language.
Nice to have:
- Working experience on Windows and Linux operating system environments will be considered a plus.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) will be considered a plus.